Announcement

Hi! This is my old blog that is no longer updated. Please visit my new website www.fourthfloorhomestead.com for new content and most of the content from this blog as well.

This old blog will be left up so as not to mess up people who have linked to recipes through Pinterest, Favorites etc.

Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Easy and Delicious Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes

No small talk today, my 3 year old kept me up all night so I am exhausted. I thought we were past this phase. I guess not. So pancakes, my son and husband both love these. The pictures are a little blurry, the lighting was not great last night. 


What you need:
  • banana
  • 1 cup of flour
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • 1 cup of soy milk
  • 1 tbsp oil for in the pancake and more for frying
  • a squirt of lemon juice (the secret weapon for making stuff fluffy)
  • 1/4 cup of chocolate chips
What to do: 

1. Mash the banana in a bowl, add 1 cup of flour and 1 tbsp of baking powder and mix well. It will be a bit doughy. 

2. Add 1 cup of soy milk, 1 tbsp of oil and the squirt of lemon juice and mix well. It's okay if it is a bit lumpy. 

3. Mix in the 1/4 cup of chocolate chips. If the mix is too thick, you can add a bit of water to thin it out. 

4. In a frying pan on about medium, heat some oil. Add some batter to the pan and spread it out a bit. Flip when the sides get dry and the middle gets bubbly. 

5. Serve with anything you like, I like maple syrup and coconut whipped cream. 


 Tip: if you have little ones, you can pour the pancakes into strips so they can pick them up easily in their hands and dip them in the syrup. It's less messy this way. 



No comments:

Post a Comment