Announcement

Hi! This is my old blog that is no longer updated. Please visit my new website www.fourthfloorhomestead.com for new content and most of the content from this blog as well.

This old blog will be left up so as not to mess up people who have linked to recipes through Pinterest, Favorites etc.

Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Irish Spring Soap Actually Seems to Keep Squirrels Away

Last year I got a total of two peppers out of my two pepper plants and the squirrels got one of them. I like squirrels but that sucked. This year something has been eating the shoots off the snap pea plants and we didn't get a tone of peas as a result. I could hear them through the window at night, routing around, getting up to no good. Well, not anymore.

I saw the Irish Spring soap trick on Pinterest so I bought 2 bars from Dollarama. I chopped them in half and drilled a hole in them for the string and hung them on the deck. They are pretty smelly but it is not a bad smell and the critters have not come around since so far.

Something on Pinterest that did what it promised!


No comments:

Post a Comment