I post a lot of recipes in this blog which would lead one to believe that I do all the cooking in the house. Fortunately for my sanity, this is not the case. My husband has his own set of recipes and makes dinner rather regularly. This is one of his concoctions and it is quite good.
- half a sweet onion, chopped into large pieces
- cherry tomatoes
- pepper, chopped in large pieces
- zucchini, cut into 1 cm thick slices
- a package of firm tofu, cut into cubes about a square inch
- BBQ sauce
- lemon pepper seasoning
- bamboo skewers
What to do
1. Soak 6-8 skewers in water while you are chopping up the veggies and tofu.
2. Put zucchini in a bowel and sprinkle on some lemon pepper seasoning. Mix until evenly dispersed.
3. Impale the veggies with the skewers by piercing them with the sharpened end. Split up the veggies more or less evenly among each skewer. You can choose to arrange the veggies in a pattern or not, what ever works for you.
4. Using a kitchen brush, spread the BBQ sauce over all the veggies and tofu except for the zucchini.
5. Use an aerosol oil to coat a clean grill of the BBQ. Turn the BBQ on to low-medium heat. Place skewers on the grill after it has heated up a few minutes. Flip the skewers every 3-5 minutes until cooked to your liking. Use BBQ tongs for the flipping. Add more BBQ sauce to exposed side periodically.