Announcement

Hi! This is my old blog that is no longer updated. Please visit my new website www.fourthfloorhomestead.com for new content and most of the content from this blog as well.

This old blog will be left up so as not to mess up people who have linked to recipes through Pinterest, Favorites etc.

Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Potato and Cauliflower Curry Made Easy

There are a lot of recipes out there for potato and cauliflower curry as it is a pretty common dish in Indian restaurants. Most of these recipes seem to involve a lot of steps and separate sauce involving blending things and that is just too much work for me. If I have to use the blender, I will have to clean the blender and I am just too lazy for the extra work. I like curries where you just dump everything in a pot. That is what this is. Makes enough for 2 large portions. My son is not a fan of spicy food yet but I bet this would feed 2 adults and a kid.


What you need:

  • oil
  • onion, chopped
  • potato, peeled and chopped
  • 1-2 cups cauliflower, chopped
  • water
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp of cayenne powder
  • 2 tsp curry powder
  • 2 tsp garam masala
  • salt to taste (1/2 tsp was not quite enough)
What to do:

1. In a regular size pot over medium heat, add some oil and the onions and fry until they begin to brown. 

2. Add potato and cauliflower and fry a little before adding about 3/4 cup of water. Cover and let boil until the vegetables soften. Check and stir often to ensure the vegetables do not stick to the bottom and burn. Add more water as needed. 

3. Add the rest of the ingredients, stir to mix the spices through evenly adding water if needed. I like my curries a bit saucy so I might add more water than most. 

4. Serve with naan bread and rice. A method for preparing rice can be found here.  


No comments:

Post a Comment