- 10 "chicken strips" baked according to the package
- 1/2 large yellow onion or 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 3 T oil
- 4 T flour
- 1/2 vegetable stock cube
- 1 cup almond milk (plain)
- 3-4 servings of pasta, a long flat noodle is best
- 1 package of mushrooms, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 fresh sage leaves (or ground sage to taste)
- squirt of lemon
- sprinkle of dried dill
- Bake the "chicken" according to package directions.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup of starchy pasta water
- Add oil and flour to a small sauce pan, heat on medium and stir. Add 1/2 stock cube and combine. Slowly add the soy milk a little at a time. Stir well each time to avoid lumps. Continue to stir until thick then remove from heat.
- Add 3 T oil to a walk and heat on medium-high heat. Add onion and saute until limp. Add garlic, stir until browned. Add mushrooms and a pinch of salt. Once the mushrooms have reduced in size, add cream sauce, sage, salt, pepper, a squirt of lemon juice and the pasta water. Remove from heat.
- Chop up "chicken". Mix pasta and chicken into the sauce and serve. A sprinkle of dill over the dish serves as both a garnish and adds a nice flavour. Enjoy!