Announcement

Hi! This is my old blog that is no longer updated. Please visit my new website www.fourthfloorhomestead.com for new content and most of the content from this blog as well.

This old blog will be left up so as not to mess up people who have linked to recipes through Pinterest, Favorites etc.

Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Simple and Delicious Vegan Matcha Latte

Matcha powder is not easy to come by. It is pretty rare and very expensive but I got lucky at the Chinese grocery store across the street and found a bag for $5. I doubt it is "authentic" but it tastes good so I don't care. A milk frother is required for this recipe.


What you need:

  • a scoop of matcha powder
  • 1/4 cup of water
  • sugar or whatever you like to sweeten your tea, to taste
  • vanilla soy milk- about 1 cup.
What to do:

1. Put the scoop of matcha powder into a mug with the water and mix with the frother. 


2. Add the sweetener you like. I would use as much as you typically like in tea. I used about 1 tsp but I like things sweet. Mix with the frother. 

3. Put soy milk in a microwavable mug and nuke for 2 minutes. You could heat it in a sauce pan on the stove if you don't have a microwave

4. Add half the hot milk to the matcha. Froth the remaining milk so there is lots of foam than add it to the matcha too. 


5. Give the whole thing a gentle mix and enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment