Announcement

Hi! This is my old blog that is no longer updated. Please visit my new website www.fourthfloorhomestead.com for new content and most of the content from this blog as well.

This old blog will be left up so as not to mess up people who have linked to recipes through Pinterest, Favorites etc.

Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

I planned this home decor weekend and then...

I was all ready to go. I had planned out everything I was going to do and bought everything that I needed. I woke up on Saturday morning with my plan and started working right away. Nothing went according to plan. The cupboard I bought was missing a door and I definitely bought it with two doors, it must have blown away in the ridicules wind we had on Friday night. I got paint on my jacket and the paint I bought refused to be thinned with turpentine. Some other stuff happened that I blow way out of proportion. I needed a break and hubby wanted one too so we brewed some coffee, grabbed some biscotti and jumped in the car for a drive.

We ended up at Peggy's Cove where we watched the waves and had our snack. It was a nice drive out but when we tried to go home the car would not start. We didn't have a cell phone with us, we didn't have any money, not even a quarter. We were an hour away from anything. There is nothing at Peggy's cove, no mechanic, no taxi, nothing but powerful waves and a quaint little village. There is a shuttle that works at certain times of the year. Fortunately for us, my grade 8 teacher was on a tour there. That was so crazy, I would rank her in the top 5 of people who have had the greatest influence on my life. We got a ride back on their tour bus. Everyone was so nice to us and we were sooo lucky to run into her and her crew.

We got back rather late so I didn't do much work on the house. The next day we drove back out to Peggy's cove with a battery, jumper cables, tools, etc only to find the road closed. We drove back up there again on Monday night to finally jump the car. It took the jump and we high tailed it back to Halifax. Next weekend I will restart my decor weekend extraordinaire and I will not be leaving town this time for a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment